Saturday, July 1, 2017

Modi's theatrics ring hollow to victims of India's anti-Muslim mobs - South China Morning Post


South China Morning Post

Modi's theatrics ring hollow to victims of India's anti-Muslim mobs
South China Morning Post
This rhetoric has encouraged mobs across the country to lynch (an awful word which Indians are becoming more familiar with every week) Indian Muslims. This is when the game gets dangerous but politically profitable because of polarisation. Often the ...
Not In My Name: Indians protest attacks on MuslimsAljazeera.com
As India's Muslims are lynched, Modi keeps silentWashington Post
India's Modi Speaks Out Against Cow Vigilantes After 'Beef Lynchings' Spark Nationwide ProtestsTIME
Reuters -Deutsche Welle -TwoCircles.net -India Today
all 355 news articles »


from indian muslims - Google News http://ift.tt/2txrLqu

The true story of betrayal and bloodshed behind the Koh-i-Noor, "the most infamous diamond in the world" - Mirror.co.uk #sikhlivesmatter


Mirror.co.uk

The true story of betrayal and bloodshed behind the Koh-i-Noor, "the most infamous diamond in the world"
Mirror.co.uk
It remains in the Tower of London, despite continuing demands for its return, from the governments of both India and Pakistan. The diamond was brought to England after the army of the East India Company took over the Sikh state of the Punjab in 1846.



from sikh in india - Google News http://ift.tt/2tzHW6s

Dalits who converted to Buddhism better off in literacy and well-being - The News Minute


The News Minute

Dalits who converted to Buddhism better off in literacy and well-being
The News Minute
There are more than 8.4 million Buddhists in India and 87% of them are converts from other religions, mostly Dalits who changed religion to escape Hindu caste oppression. The remaining 13% of Buddhists belong to traditional communities of the northeast ...



from hindu caste system - Google News http://ift.tt/2ucBkJ5

Dalits who converted to Buddhism better off in literacy and well-being - The Tribune


The Tribune

Dalits who converted to Buddhism better off in literacy and well-being
The Tribune
There are more than 8.4 million Buddhists in India and 87% of them are converts from other religions, mostly Dalits who changed religion to escape Hindu caste oppression. The remaining 13% of Buddhists belong to traditional communities of the northeast ...

and more »


from hindu caste system - Google News http://ift.tt/2uxArds

Need to save our basic tenets: President Pranab Mukherjee speaks on lynchings, calls for pause, reflection, vigilance - The Indian Express


The Indian Express

Need to save our basic tenets: President Pranab Mukherjee speaks on lynchings, calls for pause, reflection, vigilance
The Indian Express
“There should be no room in India for the intolerant Indian. There must be space for legitimate criticism and dissent… Universities must engage in reasoned discussion and debate rather than propagate a culture of unrest,” the President had said. In ...
Pranab Mukherjee: When mob lynchings become uncontrollable, we must ask are we vigilant enoughIndia Today
'Be vigilant to save basic tenets of society': President Pranab Mukherjee on mob lynchingsIndia TV
Keep forces of darkness at bay, says PranabThe Hindu

all 86 news articles »


from india intolerance - Google News http://ift.tt/2sf6ca8

'A violence no autopsy can reveal': the deadly cost of India's campus prejudice - The Guardian


The Guardian

'A violence no autopsy can reveal': the deadly cost of India's campus prejudice
The Guardian
Theirs was an old and close friendship based on caste (both are Dalits, the lowest rung of the Hindu caste system), poverty, missed meals, penny pinching and dreams. “I knew he was unhappy, he was lonely, but what else did I miss?” asks Moola, a PhD ...



from hindu caste system - Google News http://ift.tt/2sAyBag

Dalits who converted to Buddhism better off in literacy and well-being: Survey - Financial Express


Financial Express

Dalits who converted to Buddhism better off in literacy and well-being: Survey
Financial Express
There are more than 8.4 million Buddhists in India and 87% of them are converted from other religions, mostly Dalits who changed religion to escape Hindu caste oppression. The remaining 13% of Buddhists belong to traditional communities of the ...

and more »


from hindu caste system - Google News http://ift.tt/2t56zqP

'A violence no autopsy can reveal': the deadly cost of India's campus prejudice - The Guardian


The Guardian

'A violence no autopsy can reveal': the deadly cost of India's campus prejudice
The Guardian
List typical characteristics of Dalit students across India, and you can tick them all off against Krishnan's name. They are first-generation school-goers; they come from rural homes with no toilets or electricity; their command of English is often ...



from dalits of india - Google News http://ift.tt/2ux5iH0

Sonia Gandhi: BJP govt propagating vigilante violence, intolerance; threatening authoritarianism - Firstpost


Firstpost

Sonia Gandhi: BJP govt propagating vigilante violence, intolerance; threatening authoritarianism
Firstpost
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Saturday hit out at the government, saying it was seeking to create an India completely at odds with the one that saw the light of Independence and added that "a culture of vigilante violence is actively ...
'Pause and reflect': President Pranab Mukherjee on mob lynchingsHindustan Times
Sonia slams Centre, says India being marked by increasing threats of authoritarianismThe Asian Age

all 32 news articles »


from india intolerance - Google News http://ift.tt/2ucP9XK

Pranab Mukherjee: When mob lynchings become uncontrollable, we must ask are we vigilant enough - India Today


India Today

Pranab Mukherjee: When mob lynchings become uncontrollable, we must ask are we vigilant enough
India Today
In an exclusive chat with India Today, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra said she was absolutely on the same page as her mother and President Pranab Mukherjee as far as rising intolerance in the country was concerned. She said, "It makes me furious to see such ...
'Be vigilant to save basic tenets of society': President Pranab Mukherjee on mob lynchingsIndia TV
Keep forces of darkness at bay, says PranabThe Hindu

all 68 news articles »


from india intolerance - Google News http://ift.tt/2tDNWvJ

Dalits who converted to Buddhism better off in literacy and well-being - Financial Express


Dalits who converted to Buddhism better off in literacy and well-being
Financial Express
Dalits converted to buddhism, dalits in india, Buddhism, dalit literacy, dalits well Today, these converts to Buddhism, also called neo-Buddhists, enjoy better literacy rates, greater work participation and sex ratio than Scheduled Caste Hindus, the ...



from dalits of india - Google News http://ift.tt/2sf3h1a

Dalits who converted to Buddhism better off in literacy and well-being - India.com


India.com

Dalits who converted to Buddhism better off in literacy and well-being
India.com
There are more than 8.4 million Buddhists in India and 87% of them are converts from other religions, mostly Dalits who changed religion to escape Hindu caste oppression. The remaining 13% of Buddhists belong to traditional communities of the northeast ...

and more »


from hindu caste system - Google News http://ift.tt/2seZWzx

Dalits who converted to Buddhism better off in literacy and well-being - India.com


India.com

Dalits who converted to Buddhism better off in literacy and well-being
India.com
There are more than 8.4 million Buddhists in India and 87% of them are converts from other religions, mostly Dalits who changed religion to escape Hindu caste oppression. The remaining 13% of Buddhists belong to traditional communities of the northeast ...

and more »


from dalits of india - Google News http://ift.tt/2tDxPyc

Presidential election and caste politics - State Times


Milli Gazette

Presidential election and caste politics
State Times
The caste they are referring is actually in Hindi called as Varna. There used to be four Varnas' like Knowledge, Weapons, Wealth and Land. The system was like that no one person can have more than one at a time. There was never caste system in Hindu ...
Kovind, Dalit Politics and Hindu NationalismMilli Gazette
Not Dalit inclusion but mere tokenism: Meira KumarThe Hindu

all 119 news articles »


from hindu caste system - Google News http://ift.tt/2sumSyU

India's Modi Speaks Out Against Cow Vigilantes After 'Beef Lynchings' Spark Nationwide Protests - TIME


TIME

India's Modi Speaks Out Against Cow Vigilantes After 'Beef Lynchings' Spark Nationwide Protests
TIME
India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi has spoken out against violence by cow vigilante groups, a day after thousands of Indians gathered in cities across the country on Wednesday evening to protest against a string of attacks on minority Muslims that ...
As India's Muslims are lynched, Modi keeps silentWashington Post
Not In My Name: Indians protest attacks on MuslimsAljazeera.com
Protests held across India after attacks against MuslimsReuters
Independent Online -Deutsche Welle -TwoCircles.net -India Spend
all 356 news articles »


from indian muslims - Google News http://ift.tt/2stVCQW

Karnataka Election 2018: Dining With Dalits, BS Yeddyurappa Plans to Bite Into Congress Votebank - News18


News18

Karnataka Election 2018: Dining With Dalits, BS Yeddyurappa Plans to Bite Into Congress Votebank
News18
His small, round piercing eyes move nervously around to grasp and register every bit of information floating about with wafts of steaming south Indian delicacies; the white fur cap precariously perched on the head, completing the sartorial ensemble.



from dalits of india - Google News http://ift.tt/2tDtmLW

Trump vows to support and defend religious freedom in US - The Hindu


The Hindu

Trump vows to support and defend religious freedom in US
The Hindu
“We cannot allow this terrorism and extremism to spread in our country, or to find sanctuary on our shores or in our cities,” Mr. Trump said on Saturday night at a “Celebrate Freedom” concert honouring veterans. “We want to make sure that anyone who ...

and more »


from hindu extremism - Google News http://ift.tt/2suoyZi

The coming of Islam - Trinidad Guardian


Trinidad Guardian

The coming of Islam
Trinidad Guardian
These were followed by African Muslims from the disbanded West India Regiments and settled between 1817 and 1825 in Manzanilla on the east coast. Many African Muslims were also brought to Trinidad by the interception of the British Royal Navy of slave ...

and more »


from indian muslims - Google News http://ift.tt/2t4AwY1

Sonia Gandhi: BJP govt propagating vigilante violence, intolerance; threatening authoritarianism - Firstpost


Firstpost

Sonia Gandhi: BJP govt propagating vigilante violence, intolerance; threatening authoritarianism
Firstpost
New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Saturday hit out at the government, saying it was seeking to create an India completely at odds with the one that saw the light of Independence and added that "a culture of vigilante violence is actively ...
No Names But Sonia Gandhi's Sharp Attack On Mob Violence Had One TargetNDTV
Sonia slams Centre, says India being marked by increasing threats of authoritarianismThe Asian Age

all 27 news articles »


from india intolerance - Google News http://ift.tt/2seSh4f

India Infringing Bhutan's Sovereignty, Should Mend Its Mistakes: China - SikhSiyasat.Net #sikhlivesmatter


SikhSiyasat.Net

India Infringing Bhutan's Sovereignty, Should Mend Its Mistakes: China
SikhSiyasat.Net
Chandigarh: After a shoving incidence involving Indian and Chinese troops at Dong la (Donglang), a region consisting a tri-junction border of India, China and Bhutan, is subsequently followed by a warning from China in which it has stated that the ...

and more »


from sikh in india - Google News http://ift.tt/2txCnps

Huge surge in crimes against Dalits since Modi became PM: Mevani - National Herald


Milli Gazette

Huge surge in crimes against Dalits since Modi became PM: Mevani
National Herald
Actually, if you see the hierarchy, Dalits are not part of the Hindu caste system. They are out of the 'Varnv-vyavastha' (caste system). They have their own belief system, own gods. Dalits' have traditionally been quite different from mainstream Hindus ...
Kovind, Dalit Politics and Hindu NationalismMilli Gazette
Not Dalit inclusion but mere tokenism: Meira KumarThe Hindu

all 119 news articles »


from hindu caste system - Google News http://ift.tt/2te46sI

Indian police arrest four over Muslim teen's murder - Daily Mail


Daily Mail

Indian police arrest four over Muslim teen's murder
Daily Mail
Indian police said Thursday they have arrested four people over the murder of a 15-year-old boy on a train, the latest in a slew of hate crimes against Muslims in the largely Hindu nation. A group of men attacked Junaid Khan and his three brothers last ...
Modi condemns killings by so-called cow protectors in IndiaMcClatchy Washington Bureau
86% Dead In Cow-Related Violence Since 2010 Are Muslim; 97% Attacks After 2014India Spend

all 196 news articles »


from indian muslims - Google News http://ift.tt/2t4FBja

Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Committee to move to UN Against India for Preventing Sikh Yatra - SikhSiyasat.Net #sikhlivesmatter


SikhSiyasat.Net

Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Committee to move to UN Against India for Preventing Sikh Yatra
SikhSiyasat.Net
Amritsar/ Chandigarh: It is learnt that the Pakistan Sikh Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (PSGPC) has decided to lodge a complaint against the Indian Government with the United Nations (UN) for not allowing Sikh jathas to visit Pakistan to mark religious ...
PSGPC to move UN on jatha rowThe Tribune

all 2 news articles »


from sikh in india - Google News http://ift.tt/2tzj7HD

Ramadan: India's Muslims celebrate Eid in Old Delhi amid rising tensions with Hindu nationalists - NZCity


Ramadan: India's Muslims celebrate Eid in Old Delhi amid rising tensions with Hindu nationalists
NZCity
One prominent Islamic figure fears it could be enough to push India's traditionally moderate Muslims towards the same sort of extremism being witnessed elsewhere in the world. Some 180 million people — roughly 14 per cent of the 1.3 billion people in ...



from hindu extremism - Google News http://ift.tt/2uwXC7y

When mob frenzy becomes irrational, we have to pause and reflect: President Mukherjee on lynchings - Hindustan Times


Hindustan Times

When mob frenzy becomes irrational, we have to pause and reflect: President Mukherjee on lynchings
Hindustan Times
Today, the tried and tested idea of India has been thrown fundamentally into question by rising intolerance, by malevolent forces that tell Indians what they cannot eat, who they cannot love, what they cannot say—indeed, what thoughts they cannot hold ...
President Pranab Mukherjee speaks on mob lynchings, calls for pause, reflection, vigilanceThe Indian Express
Pranab Mukherjee: When mob lynchings become uncontrollable, we must ask are we vigilant enoughIndia Today
Keep forces of darkness at bay, says PranabThe Hindu

all 76 news articles »


from india intolerance - Google News http://ift.tt/2tdxWgZ

Pakistan-India Peoples Forum launches Peace Now signature ... - Pakistan Christian Post


Pakistan Christian Post

Pakistan-India Peoples Forum launches Peace Now signature ...
Pakistan Christian Post
Hyderabad: July 1, 2017. (BY ABBAS KASSAR) Peace activists and organizations working for regional peace launched “The Peace Now & Forever” campaign ...

and more »


from india christian news - Google News http://ift.tt/2subovi
via IFTTT